Half-Blood Eternal
P.S. Don't get eaten
Half-Blood Eternal
P.S. Don't get eaten
Half-Blood Eternal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half-Blood Eternal

Based on the popular Percy Jackson series. Create a Half-Blood, join with your cabin, or smite your brethren for your own gain.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» is this alive
Zeus [Finished] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:02 pm by Enyalios

» For the New RP!!!!!
Zeus [Finished] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:57 am by Apollo

» Reservoir {A Graphics Shop} [[Closed for the meantime]]
Zeus [Finished] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 6:45 am by Kaira

» Good News:
Zeus [Finished] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:05 am by Apollo

» Create A Story
Zeus [Finished] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:47 am by Apollo

» Hephaestus [Finished]
Zeus [Finished] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:17 pm by Apollo

» if u need me I will come
Zeus [Finished] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:29 am by ~Ares~

» Claiming Apollo's Daughter [Private]
Zeus [Finished] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:52 am by Kaira

» 24 Hour Notice: Site Deletion
Zeus [Finished] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:39 pm by Hayato

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Zeus [Finished]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
*Zeus*
Admin
*Zeus*

Zeus [Finished] Empty
PostSubject: Zeus [Finished]   Zeus [Finished] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:05 pm

~Basic Information~

Name: Zeus God of Lightning,the Sky,and Ruler of Olympus

~Appearance & Personality~

Description/Picture: Zeus [Finished] Zeus
Height: Any height he wants to be
Weight: Any weight he wants to be
Personality: Zeus is seen as stubborn, proud, and temperate, and expects everyone to obey him without question- he's also a stickler for protocal, even with those who cannot be expected to know it, becoming angry with Percy when he bows to his father first on his first visit to Olympus, not knowing what to do. He is very unforgiving, and refuses to admit when he is wrong- he also loves his power and cannot understand how some people do not want it- he assumes Posidon stole his thunderbolt to overthrow him, not realising or even suspecting that Posidon has no desire to be King of the Gods. He has a soft spot for Thalia, which is probably because she is his daughter. He's shown to get into lots of arguments with his brother, Poseidon- and he's also slightly paranoid of his elder brother, especially after an incident where Poseidon and some of the other gods trapped him in a magical net and refused to release him until he promised to be a better ruler as well as the fact Posidon is older and could be more powerful, leading him to accuse Posidon of stealing his thunderbolt. He also apparently has a flare for dramatic exits, which Poseidon pointed out to Percy saying he should have been the god of theater.
Powers: Zeus is believed and widely acknowledged as the most powerful of the Olympian gods. He is believed to possess powers greater than any single god and even most of the other gods combined, though it seems Posidon is more than a match for him. As the god of the sky, Zeus can summon and control any form of weather he wishes on a level great enough to destroy the modern world. Based on the powers of his daughter, Thalia, he may be able to summon and control electricity the same way Percy and presumably Poseidon control water.
Symbol of Power: The Master Bolt

~History~
It should be noted that his early life is much like Kronos, who like him was the youngest and most powerful of his siblings and he was asked to defeat his father by his mother. Kronos sired several children by Rhea: Hestia, Demeter, Hera, Hades, and Poseidon, but swallowed them all as soon as they were born, since he had learned from Gaia and Uranus that he was destined to be overcome by his own son as he had overthrown his own father— an oracle that Zeus was to hear and avert. But when Zeus was about to be born, Rhea sought Gaia to devise a plan to save him, so that Kronos would get his retribution for his acts against Uranus and his own children. Rhea gave birth to Zeus in Crete, handing Kronos a rock wrapped in swaddling clothes, which he promptly swallowed. Rhea hid Zeus on Mount Ida in Crete. He was raised by Melissa, who nursed him with goat's milk and honey.
After reaching manhood, Zeus forced Kronos to disgorge first the stone, then his siblings in reverse order of swallowing. Metis the Titan, gave Kronos a mixture of mustard and salt water to force him to disgorge the babies. Then Zeus released the brothers of Kronos, the Hecatonchires and the Cyclops, from their dungeon in Tartarus, killing their guard, Kampê.
As a token of their appreciation, the Cyclops gave him thunder and the thunderbolt, or lightning, which had previously been hidden by Gaia. Together, Zeus and his brothers and sisters, along with the Hecatonchires, Metis, and Cyclopes overthrew Kronos and the other Titans, in the combat called the Titanomachy. The defeated Titans were then cast into a shadowy underworld region known as Tartarus. Atlas, one of the titans that fought against Zeus, was punished by having to hold up the sky.
After the battle with the Titans, Zeus shared the world with his elder brothers, Poseidon and Hades, by drawing lots: Zeus got the sky and air, Poseidon the waters, and Hades the world of the dead (the underworld).
The ancient Earth, Gaia, could not be claimed; she was left to all three, each according to their capabilities, which explains why Poseidon was the "earth-shaker" (the god of earthquakes) and Hades claimed the humans that died.
Gaia resented the way Zeus had treated the Titans, because they were her children. Soon after taking the throne as king of the gods, Zeus had to fight some of Gaia's other children, the monsters Typhon and Echidna. He vanquished Typhon and trapped him under a mountain, but left Echidna and her children alive.
Back to top Go down

Zeus [Finished]
Page 1 of 1