Half-Blood Eternal
P.S. Don't get eaten
Half-Blood Eternal
P.S. Don't get eaten
Half-Blood Eternal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half-Blood Eternal

Based on the popular Percy Jackson series. Create a Half-Blood, join with your cabin, or smite your brethren for your own gain.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» is this alive
Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:02 pm by Enyalios

» For the New RP!!!!!
Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:57 am by Apollo

» Reservoir {A Graphics Shop} [[Closed for the meantime]]
Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 6:45 am by Kaira

» Good News:
Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:05 am by Apollo

» Create A Story
Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:47 am by Apollo

» Hephaestus [Finished]
Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:17 pm by Apollo

» if u need me I will come
Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:29 am by ~Ares~

» Claiming Apollo's Daughter [Private]
Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:52 am by Kaira

» 24 Hour Notice: Site Deletion
Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:39 pm by Hayato

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Athena

Athena

Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War Empty
PostSubject: Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War   Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:46 pm

~Basic Information~

Name: Athena

~Appearance & Personality~

Description/Picture: Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War Images%3Fq%3Dathena%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26um%3D1
She mostly wears a long white flowing dress that is cut over one shoulder, which is encrusted with gold. She has a golden shield (as pictured) and matching armour that covers her whole body when she commands tactics of war. She has just below jaw length red hair, and pale grey eyes that show a lot of depth and thought. She is slim, (also as pictured) but has very strong arms to wield her spear and shield. She also carries a sword that is kept in a brown belt that sits on her hips loosely.
Height: Any height he wants to be Mostly stands at 5 foot 8.
Weight: Any weight he wants to be Mostly weighs 90 lbs with battle armour on, 85 lbs in normal clothing.
Personality: Athena is a very soft spoken woman despite being so hardened through battle. She has great respect for anyone who is with her, as long as they don't show her otherwise. Despite her very seemingly gentle and mild nature, Athena is very strong willed and deadly to double-cross. She also has a motherly side to her, and will nurture her children no matter what.
Powers: Athena has been blessed with amazing knowledge and craftsmanship. Alongside this, she is a fearsome fighter and is very skilled in combat. So much so, there isn't a battle that she has lost.
Symbol of Power: In birth she is a symbol of the threatening force of dominance and aggression, and has been blessed with the immense respect of mortals and Gods alike.

~History~

Athena's mother, Metis, was the first wife of Zeus and her name (Metis) might mean ‘wisdom’. If this is true, then it would be more proper to call Athena ‘The Daughter of Wisdom’ instead of ‘The Goddess of Wisdom’.

When Zeus saw that Metis was pregnant, he was afraid that the child, if allowed to live, would be his doom. He swallowed Metis to prevent the birth. It didn’t work. Athene sprang, fully armed and armored, from the head of Zeus but Metis was never seen again.

Then Athena grew up and witnessed many battles of which she made strategies for. She was also known to resist completely Aphrodite's spells and charms, with her being a proud virgin goddess.

Athena gave more to mankind then just her protection. Not only was Athena a patron goddess of Attica, and later all of Athens, but she delivered inventions, health and healing, and academic principals. Some of her inventions include the flute, a symbol of hope, and the war chariot. She was also the idea behind the Trojan Horse in the Odyssey. The horse is an example of Athena's cleverness that saved Athens in the war. During the war, Athena had the Greeks build the horse that she would send to the Trojans under her name so that they would accept a gift from the patron goddess. The Trojans were led to believe that if they let the horse enter their gates then they would be victorious. As the myth reveals, the horse harbored the Greek army that siege the city once the horse was inside. Athena's ideas also encouraged Argos to build the biggest longship of the time, the Argo. She taught Prometheus of architecture, astronomy, mathematics, navigation, medicine, and metallurgy which he in turn gave to mortals.

Athena's worship as the patron goddess seemed to evolve over generations. She eventually won her right in a contest of the gods to take her place as patron of all of Attica. There was a dispute between Poseidon and Athena as to the status of the presiding power of Athens. The contest between Athena and Poseidon involved the offering of the most beneficial attribute to the Athenians that would determine the ruler. The contest took place on Mount Olympus and was judged by the twelve Olympic deities. Poseidon was the god of the sea kingdom and is often shown with his trident and crown. He created a flowing salt spring on the Acropolis and Athena produced an olive tree. The olive tree was declared the most efficient gift and Athena was granted rule over Attica.

Along with her benevolence to the state she supported many of the Greek gods and goddesses. Her foresight and intellect was of great value to the gods in binding situations. When Perseuschallanged the grim Medusa, who could turn any man to stone, Athena devised a clever plan to help the fearless warrior. Since the Gorgon could only turn one to stone if they looked upon her, Athena gave Perseus a mirror to see Medusa's reflection. With a quick stroke of his sword, Persues cut off Medusa's head and gave it to Athena to put on her shield. With the Gorgon's powerful magic on her shield, Athena could fend off the most aggressive enemies. Athena's maternal qualities resound in her support of others. From the temples and civic prosperity she created benevolence towards humanity resembling the strong maternal figure. Although she is a virgin goddess, Athena uses this towards her warrior character and does not become emotionally or intimately attached. Her personality is twofold though, and reveals a sensitive, feminine aspect. In her artistic crafts like weaving and wool working her feminine attributes are most strong but she also carries a maternal aura that is evident in the story of the goddess and Hephaestus.

Athena was pursued by many gods, especially that of Hephaestus, who fell madly in love with her. He finally cornered her on the Acropolis and brushed against her. Athena wiped herself with a shard of cloth and this fell to the ground and fertilized the earth, known as Gaea. The god, Erichthonius was produced and Athena took on the role like that of a foster mother. After she put him in a chest that she gave to the three daughters of Cecrops, their father, the King of Athens, eventually handed over his powers to him. Athena watched over Erichthonius and raised him as her own son in the city of Athens. Her maternal qualities are the strongest in her care of this son. The myth of Prometheus is also a testament of Athena's maternal instincts. Athena created the first man out of clay and water with the help of Prometheus. She had the ability to create as well as sustain life.

~RP Sample~

"You mustn't be serious!" Zeus exclaimed, banging his fists onto the walls of a house he had been standing next to. It rocked and swayed, but stayed standing. Athena sighed, and straightened the house swiftly again.
"Why do you never believe what I say?" She then snapped, her eyes never leaving the face of her father. She felt that she could spit on that name of which she had been given. She was HIS daughter.. the very thought made her sick after she learned of what happened at her birth.
"There's a good reason for that." Zeus snarled and kept his back turned on Athena who had now crossed her arms and looked completely unamused by her father's behaviour.
"Oh I'm sure there is." Athena said sarcastically, still observing Zeus's obvious anger and frustration. "This is the last time I tell you anything." She turned on her heel swiftly and started back towards her own home, that was located at the back of Mount Olympus.
"Yes, fine! Go!" Zeus yelled after her and then stormed back into the main temple that was located in the centre.

Athena sniggered slightly and muttered under her breath, "You don't have to tell me twice..."
She opened her door and then shut it again, carefully, however. She had got through three doors already this week, and she couldn't make any more. Instead, she sat down on the couch of which she had made herself, like everything else in these 4 walls. Just like she had made the 4 walls herself. She sighed and put her head in her hands, looking at the stone floor.
'Why does he always have to be so... negative about things?' She thought with a mental sigh. She looked up again, and took a small black box in her lap, opening it up carefully.

A beautiful chain was laid in the box, with a baby blue stone attached as a charm to it. A small smile graced Athena's lips as she gently placed a finger on the cool gem and twirled it round absent mindedly. This necklace was for her child, of which she was expecting. The news that had made Zeus so angry was of course this. He hated the fact that she existed, let alone having a grandchild he never wanted.

She sighed once more and put the necklace back, before standing up and looking out the window dreamily, her mind in another place as she thought of what her child would be like. Her motherly side was now all that consumed her changing personality, making her seem to give off a glow of some sort.

Before she got completely lost in her thoughts, a little niggle annoyed her. 'What would Zeus do to my child?... Well, if he so much as touches him or her, he'll be sorry.' She thought firmly before retiring to her bedroom at the back of the house.

[[OOC: I'm planning for this to happen in roleplay, but other than that, it is just an example]]
Back to top Go down
~Jason_Reaf~
Camp Councilor
~Jason_Reaf~

Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War   Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:50 pm

~Approved~
Back to top Go down
https://halfbloodeternal.darkbb.com

Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Crafts and War
Page 1 of 1